Domestic corporates may open a foreign currency account with the Bank for keeping the foreign currency proceeds of goods and services exports and of other legal transactions with foreign persons in the country and abroad.
The funds in the foreign currency account may be used for:
- Payment for goods and services imports and payment in the country when allowed by the law
- Withdrawal of foreign currency cash for per diem for the business trips abroad
- Sale of foreign currency funds to the Bank and crediting the business account with the dinar equivalent amount
For any payments to the EU countries, it is necessary to state the following:
- IBAN (International Bank Account Number);
- BIC (Bank Identifier Code i.e. S.W.I.F.T address).
You thereby enable automatic processing of your payment order throughout Europe.
If you have no foreign currency funds in your foreign currency account with Erste Bank and you wish to make a payment through our bank, you may contact us with a request to purchase foreign currency at a favourable rate.
- Vostro letters of credit
- Nostro letters of credit
- Bid bonds
- Performance bonds
- Advance refund guarantees
- Timely payment guarantees
- Stand-by letters of credit